During this time of uncertainty, on behalf of The Lodge at Whitefish Lake and Averill Hospitality, I would like to thank you for the trust you place in us and assure you that your comfort, well-being, and safety continue to be our highest priorities.
Averill Hospitality extends our concern to all individuals affected directly or indirectly by coronavirus (COVID-19). We are committed to providing a comfortable and healthy environment for our guests and team members and are monitoring the continually changing situation.
For guests traveling for essential purposes as defined by Whitefish emergency ordinance 20-05, The Lodge at Whitefish Lake is offering accommodations in the Lakefront Condominiums and Viking Creek Luxury Homes. This is in effect through April 30, 2020. The Lodge lobby is closed, so check-in must be scheduled in advance. We can be contacted daily between 10am to 4pm at 406.863.4000.
Due to recommendations designed to keep our community healthy, the Boat Club Restaurant, Coffee Dock, and Spa at Whitefish Lake are closed until further notice. We look forward to resuming normal business hours to serve you as soon as is practical.
As always, we adhere to comprehensive health and safety procedures, including all local laws, and we have supplemented our best practices in response to current concerns. As we continue to adapt our behavior, I want to advise you of a few of the additional health and safety measures we’re taking to help keep our guests and employees safe:
- All public areas are closed and resort services are suspended.
- Our team is receiving ongoing communication and enhanced operation protocols.
- Non-essential staff are working from home.
We encourage all guests and require all team-members to follow recommended preventative measures to protect themselves and others:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer with a minimum 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you don’t have a tissue, use your elbow. After coughing or sneezing, wash your hands.
- Routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces with disinfecting cleanser.
On March 30th, the Governor of Montana issued a directive affecting travelers to Montana that are arriving from another state or country. This directive in in effect through April 10, 2020, involves the following points, and the full document can be accessed here.
- Any person coming to Montana from another state or country for a non-work-related purpose must immediately self-quarantine for 14 days. If a person will be present in Montana for fewer than 14 days, that person must self-quarantine for the duration of the visit.
- Any person who has already arrived in Montana from another state or country for a non-work-related purpose before the date of this Directive must immediately self-quarantine for the remainder of a 14-day period beginning on the date of their arrival in Montana, or until their departure from Montana—whichever is sooner.
- These quarantine restrictions do not apply to persons traveling through Montana en route to another destination or to public health, public safety, or healthcare workers.
- These quarantine restrictions apply to Montana residents and non-residents alike.
For guests that wish to cancel an upcoming stay, we have added flexibility to our cancellation policy for reservations with arrival dates on or before June 1st. We will continue to monitor the evolving situation and recommendations of the CDC and State of Montana. If you have questions about your upcoming stay, please contact us at 406.863.4000, toll-free 877.887.4026, or email.
We continue to monitor the advice of government agencies and encourage you to stay informed by referencing reputable sources:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Montana Governor's Coronavirus Task Force https://covid19.mt.gov/
Averill Hospitality is a family-owned and operated business that strives to provide exceptional guest experiences in a fun and friendly environment. When challenges arise, so do opportunities to support one another as we can. Thank you for your support and understanding. We look forward to welcoming you to Whitefish!