On behalf of The Lodge at Whitefish Lake and Averill Hospitality, I want to thank you for the trust you place in us. As always, your comfort, well-being, and safety continue to be our highest priorities.
Averill Hospitality extends our concern to all individuals affected directly or indirectly by coronavirus (COVID-19). We are committed to providing a comfortable and healthy environment for our guests and team members and are closely monitoring the evolving situation.
On July 14, the City of Whitefish passed an emergency ordinance requiring the use of face coverings within Whitefish. This emergency ordinance takes effect at 12:01 a.m. on Wednesday, July 15, 2020, and will remain in effect through August 15, 2020, unless sooner repealed. Whitefish City Council may extend this emergency ordinance for one or more additional terms.
According to the ordinance, a face covering must be worn by all individuals when in a place of business or waiting in line to enter a place of business, when outdoors at an organized event with 20 or greater guests, when outdoors if physical distancing cannot be maintained, and when driving or riding on public transportation, shuttle, or paid ride service.
Exceptions to the requirement are permitted for children under the age of 12 years, for individuals with health conditions, for individuals who are eating or drinking, actively exercising or swimming, or when it is not practical, such as during a facial.
The complete text of the ordinance requiring face coverings within the City of Whitefish can be accessed here.
In response to current concerns and recommendations, we have supplemented our best practices concerning comprehensive health and safety procedures. As we continue to adapt our behavior, I want to advise you of a few of the additional measures we’re taking to help keep our guests and employees safe:
- Our teams receive ongoing communication and enhanced operation protocols.
- All high-touch areas are treated with additional disinfectant/sanitizer and with increased frequency. These areas include public door handles, handrails, elevator surfaces, shuttle vehicles, lobby areas, restrooms, and more.
- Hand sanitizer is available for use in hotel common areas.
- In-room amenities such as glassware and mugs are replaced with pre-packaged, disposable alternatives.
- Physical distancing is facilitated by a plexiglass shield separating guests from front desk personnel. Indicators show 6-foot distances for clients awaiting service. All team members wear masks.
- Reduced restaurant seating and table arrangements provide physical distance between guests that are not together.
- Every team member completes a health and wellness screening upon arrival for work each day, and team member health is monitored thoughout the day.
We encourage all guests and require all team members to follow recommended preventative measures to protect themselves and others:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer with a minimum of 80% ethanol or 75% isopropyl alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you don’t have a tissue, use your elbow. After coughing or sneezing, wash your hands or apply an approved hand sanitizer.
- Routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces with disinfecting cleaner.
- Practice physical distancing by maintaining 6 feet between yourself and others with whom you do not reside.
- Wear a face mask when outside of your private accommodation and when physical distancing is impractical.
The Boat Club Restaurant & Deck is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, 7a-10p daily. Seating is limited to provide appropriate distancing between guests, so please call 406.863.4040 for a reservation in advance.
The Coffee Dock is open 7a to 1p daily with specialty coffee, teas, and grab & go pastries, sandwiches, and salads.
The Spa at Whitefish Lake welcomes clients by appointment Tuesdays thru Saturdays, 10a-6p. Please call 406.863.4050 for a reservation.
For guests that wish to cancel an upcoming stay, we have added flexibility to our cancellation policy for reservations. We will continue to monitor the evolving situation and recommendations of the CDC and State of Montana. If you have questions about your upcoming stay, please contact us at 406.863.4039, toll-free 877.887.4026, or email.
We continue to monitor the advice of government agencies and encourage you to stay informed by referencing reputable sources:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Montana Governor's Coronavirus Task Force https://covid19.mt.gov/
Averill Hospitality is a family-owned and operated business that strives to provide exceptional guest experiences in a fun and friendly environment. When challenges arise, so do opportunities to support one another as we can. Thank you for your support and understanding. We look forward to welcoming you to Whitefish!